1. Who We Are
2. Using The Information You Provide
2.1 If you buy products or services from us or have in the past or if you set up an account in order to do so, we would like to use your contact details to contact you about our products and services that we think you might be interested in. If you do not wish to be contacted in this way please check the “No, please do not contact me” box when you fill in your details.
2.2 If you have not bought products or services from us or set up an account in order to do so, we would like to use your contact details to contact you about our products and services that we think you might be interested in. If you would like to be kept up to date in this way please check the “Yes please contact me with updates and special offers” box when you fill in your details.
2.3 We would also like to pass on your contact details to third parties whose products and services may be of interest to you but we can only do this with your consent. We therefore ask that you check the “Yes please I am interested in hearing about products and services from third parties” box when you fill in your details.
2.4 You can also contact us at any time to ask us not to use your personal data in this way by e-mailing email@example.com.
3. Collection of Information
We collect the information you provide to us through this website, together with information we learn from your use of the website, the goods and services you order and third party websites that you access through this website.
We will never collect sensitive information about you (that is, information concerning your religion, beliefs, criminal record, health or sexuality) without your explicit consent.
4. Use of Information
We will use this information for the following purposes:
- to administer your user account;
- to process any request for advice or information;
- to customise this website according to your interests;
- to ensure that any content you post complies with the terms and conditions of use of the website;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
If we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your information to the buyer or seller of the assets. If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, your information will be one of the assets transferred. We will not pass your information on to anyone else unless allowed or required by law.
5. Cookies and Tracking Technologies
We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type. We use this information for system administration, to improve our service to you and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
There are different types of cookies which are used to do different things. Uses include letting you navigate between different pages on our website, remembering preferences you have made and improving your overall experience. Other cookies are used to measure the number of site visits and the most popular pages users visit.
Two types of cookie are used on this website. Session cookies are stored on your computer or mobile only for the duration of your visit to our website. They automatically expire when you close down your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your computer or mobile after you leave our website.
- deliver services and goods to you using our website;
- improve our site and our performance;
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- store information about your preferences and so allow us to customise our site according to your interests;
- speed up your searches; and
- recognise you when you return to our site.
You can find out how to change the most commonly used browsers’ cookie settings here:
- Chrome: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
- Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Cookies
- Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196955
- Safari: http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
On some pages of our website, third parties may also set their own anonymous cookies, for the purposes of tracking the success of their application or customising their applications for you. For example, when you share an article or a page using a social media sharing button on our website, the social network that has created the button will record that you have done this. We cannot access such cookies.
6. Storage and Security
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using secure socket layer (SSL) technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to access information that we hold about you. If you wish to access your information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and, after we have confirmed your identity, we will provide the information. We may charge you a fee of up to £10 to cover our costs of providing the information.
If you believe that the information that we hold about you is inaccurate or if you wish us to stop processing your information for any particular purpose or at all, please contact us at email@example.com.
8. Changes to this Policy
This policy may be updated from time to time so you may wish to check it each time you submit personal information to us or use our website. The date of the most recent revisions will appear on this page. If you do not agree to these changes, please do not continue to use our website or submit personal information to us.
11 June 2012