From Michelangelo’s David to Helmut Newton’s erotic nudes, artists have always been obsessed with capturing the human body at its peak.
Olympic athletes at the height of their physical powers are one notion of the body beautiful (which has been portrayed, fetishised, manipulated or represented by artists across the centuries) brought to life.
- Stop the Press!!! New works
- Wouldn't it be Nice... if we could Play Together?
- Do we sanctify art too much? Or should art be alive?
- Kith & Kin II: New Glass and Ceramics, until 31 December 2012 at The Natonal Glass Centre Sunderland.
- Monograph artist focus: Antony Micallef
- News: ‘Someday All the Adults Will Die!’ at The Hayward Gallery
- News: Peter Blake to design new Madness album
- News: David Bowie at the V&A museum.
- Lucie Bennett
- The Most Expensive Book of the Twentieth Century
- Seamus Nicolson: The Arcadian Metropolis
- Gettin In Over My Head