News: Peter Blake to design new Madness album
Chart veterans Madness have drafted in Monograph artist Sir Peter Blake to design the cover of their new album.
The band, who memorably played on the roof of Buckingham Palace for the Diamond Jubilee Concert have turned to Sir Peter, who celebrated his 80th birthday this year and whose subjects have included the Queen.
Sir Peter’s best known sleeve is the artwork for The Beatles album Sgt Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, although he also did covers for Paul Weller, Oasis and Brian Wilson in exclusive Monograph print ‘Gettin In Over My Head’.
Madness have settled on the title Oui, Oui, Si, Si, Ja, Ja, Da, Da for their tenth album, and the sleeve image features rejected names which include Doolally and Dial M For Madness.
The album is due for release on October 29, with the single My Girl 2 out a week earlier.
To see more of Sir Peter Blake’s work click here
- Stop the Press!!! New works
- Wouldn't it be Nice... if we could Play Together?
- Do we sanctify art too much? Or should art be alive?
- Kith & Kin II: New Glass and Ceramics, until 31 December 2012 at The Natonal Glass Centre Sunderland.
- Monograph artist focus: Antony Micallef
- News: ‘Someday All the Adults Will Die!’ at The Hayward Gallery
- News: Peter Blake to design new Madness album
- News: David Bowie at the V&A museum.
- Lucie Bennett
- The Most Expensive Book of the Twentieth Century
- Seamus Nicolson: The Arcadian Metropolis
- Gettin In Over My Head