News: ‘Someday All the Adults Will Die!’ at The Hayward Gallery
This exhibition is billed as giving ‘a comprehensive overview of punk graphic design, surveying imagery produced before, during and after the punk years, and drawing upon previously unseen public and private archives and collections’.
Included in the exhibition are punk and post-punk graphic design on homemade cassettes, ‘zines, posters, handbills, records and clothing.
Monograph artist Jamie Reid, creator of the iconic ‘Never Mind The Bollocks’ Sex Pistols album cover, is one of the stars of the exhibition.
Also featuring are original artworks by Gee Vaucher, Linder Sterling, Gary Panter, John Holmstrom, Raymond Pettibon and Penny Rimbaud alongside numerous anonymous artists.
The exhibition was curated by Johan Kugelberg and Jon Savage and runs from now until November 4 at London’s Hayward Gallery.
- Stop the Press!!! New works
- Wouldn't it be Nice... if we could Play Together?
- Do we sanctify art too much? Or should art be alive?
- Kith & Kin II: New Glass and Ceramics, until 31 December 2012 at The Natonal Glass Centre Sunderland.
- Monograph artist focus: Antony Micallef
- News: ‘Someday All the Adults Will Die!’ at The Hayward Gallery
- News: Peter Blake to design new Madness album
- News: David Bowie at the V&A museum.
- Lucie Bennett
- The Most Expensive Book of the Twentieth Century
- Seamus Nicolson: The Arcadian Metropolis
- Gettin In Over My Head