Kith & Kin II: New Glass and Ceramics, until 31 December 2012 at The Natonal Glass Centre Sunderland.
Monograph took a trip to the Kith and Kin II exhibition at Sunderland University which brings together artworks from two creative ‘families’ – glass and ceramics.
The artists featured who usually work in other media, but in this show they explore the potential of glass and ceramics. Much of work shown is new and was developed through ‘mini residencies’ at the National Glass Centre.
The results are often breathtakingly beautiful, such as this piece by Andrew Burton.
- Stop the Press!!! New works
- Wouldn't it be Nice... if we could Play Together?
- Do we sanctify art too much? Or should art be alive?
- Kith & Kin II: New Glass and Ceramics, until 31 December 2012 at The Natonal Glass Centre Sunderland.
- Monograph artist focus: Antony Micallef
- News: ‘Someday All the Adults Will Die!’ at The Hayward Gallery
- News: Peter Blake to design new Madness album
- News: David Bowie at the V&A museum.
- Lucie Bennett
- The Most Expensive Book of the Twentieth Century
- Seamus Nicolson: The Arcadian Metropolis
- Gettin In Over My Head