Christie’s Photographs sale in London on 16 May featured over 100 works from the nineteenth century through to the twenty-first.
Helmut Newton is an acknowledged master of the recent past and his work was, as ever, in great demand. A self-portrait with his wife and a model from 1980 exceeded its estimate of £70,000 to £90,000 and eventually sold for over £200,000.
- Stop the Press!!! New works
- Wouldn't it be Nice... if we could Play Together?
- Do we sanctify art too much? Or should art be alive?
- Kith & Kin II: New Glass and Ceramics, until 31 December 2012 at The Natonal Glass Centre Sunderland.
- Monograph artist focus: Antony Micallef
- News: ‘Someday All the Adults Will Die!’ at The Hayward Gallery
- News: Peter Blake to design new Madness album
- News: David Bowie at the V&A museum.
- Lucie Bennett
- The Most Expensive Book of the Twentieth Century
- Seamus Nicolson: The Arcadian Metropolis
- Gettin In Over My Head